Our participants’ wellbeing and safety is at the heart of all our events. We are therefore committed to ensure we give you the most appropriate support while travelling and attending our events.
Guidance updated at 7 August 2020 – and subject to change at any time. Please continue to monitor your own national and international requirements.
TRAVELLING TO CHINA
At present, all overseas arrivals are subject to health checks (likely involving nucleic acid or swab tests), including during transit, followed by a centralised quarantine period of at least 14 days.
There is mandatory requirements to check temperatures and use health apps or scan QR codes to prove travel history are in place at transport hubs, hotels, commercial buildings including restaurants, residential compounds and other locations – such locations are also increasingly requiring use of ‘health kit code’ apps to demonstrate health condition and travel history.
To familiarize yourself with the most up to date guidelines and requirements regarding travelling to China, please contact the Chinese Consulate or designated government body in your country of residence.
We advise our participants to be aware of all requirements when arriving into Shanghai International Airport (or any other airport in China) and to be prepared for possible delays.
PRACTICAL TRAVEL ADVICE
- Masks are mandatory in public areas.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth. If you do, immediately wash your hands afterwards.
- If you are feeling unwell, have a temperature or any other flu like symptoms we recommend you seek medical advice before travelling.
- Please regularly check your own national and international health authority and government advice channels for additional recommendations.
- If you’re traveling to China from the UK, please check the latest guidelines here: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/china
- For more information about precautionary actions, please read the WHO guidance.
We are regularly reviewing best practice procedures and will update our advice accordingly. Please note that you will be eligible for a full refund if you are unable to travel to China due to travel restrictions and will be able to join the virtual event at a reduced rate.