Capitalise on the changing dynamics of coal imports in South East Asia
The Emerging Asian Coal Markets Conference is the fastest growing Coaltrans event and saw three times the number of delegates expected last year. This is representative of the growth of the coal market; South East Asia continues to see rises in coal consumption and Vietnam is leading the way as the fastest growing coal consumer.
Appetite for coal in ASEAN countries is fuelled by growing population sizes, increasing rates of electrification and new infrastructure projects. With more relaxed rules on coal usage than other parts of the world and the availability of cheap Indonesian coal, the market is set to continue to grow.
As nanscent markets there are some growing pains such as overcoming logistics bottle necks at ports, changing regulations, negotiating long term supply contracts and ensuring efficiency in the coal supply chain. We will be covering all of these topics in our agenda.
The Emerging Asian Coal Markets event looks at the supply and demand in this region with end user speakers from Vietnam, The Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia and the Philippines. These include EVN, Department of Energy of the Philippines, EGAT, TNB, Hoa Phat Steel, Quezon Power and Meralco.
This year we are running a field trip on Monday 5th November to an EVN thermal power plant where visitors can hear straight from EVN about their procurement procedures and see how their operations run. The field trip will also visit the largest port in Northern Vietnam. You will gain an understanding of the scale of the coal transshipment that is currently happening there and the future needs if this is to increase.
• Network and negotiate profitable trade deals with 200+ conference delegates
• Enjoy two networking events where you can meet end users such as: EVN, Department of Energy of the Philippines, EGAT, TNB, Hoa Phat Steel, Quezon Power and Meralco
• Listen to EVN’s keynote and visit their power plant on the field trip to understand how to position yourself to align with their procurement policy
• Attend a field trip to the leading seaport in Northern Vietnam to understand how to overcome logistical challenges - fully booked
• Be close to the heart of the Vietnamese coal market in Hanoi in 2018
See the list of registered delegates for this year so far.
Are you an end user?
Is your main function a producer for a thermal energy, steel or cement company?
If the answer is yes then you can register for the event at the discounted rate of USD 999.
Please send an email to email@example.com to request your discounted pass.
To stay up-to-date on this event and other Coaltrans news fill in this short form.