Capitalising on the changing dynamics of coal imports in South East Asia
Nearly 200 attendees gathered in Vietnam to build relationships with the region’s buyers, producers, shipping experts and other major stakeholders controlling the import and export of South East Asian coal.
Keynote speakers included:
- Nguyen Tai Anh, Deputy Director, EVN VIETNAM
- Dan Neil, Senior Vice President – Head of Development, MERALCO PHILLIPPINES
- Hiew Char Loong, Senior Market Analyst, TNB MALAYSIA
- Manthiram Shenbagam, Chief Representative Officer, TATA POWER INDIA & VIETNAM
Main topics included:
- Vietnamese government and state power perspectives
- The wider ASEAN coal market landscape
- Shipping and logistics efficiencies across the region
- Utilities’ perspectives from Philippines, Malaysia & India
- Alternative energy and clean coal technology
- Focus on China and Mainland South East Asia
- Coal quality and finance shaping trade opportunities
We explored the newest facilities in the Vietnamese coal supply chain: EVN's Duyen Hai 3 Thermal Power Plant and Oldendorff's Transshipment Hub
DUYEN HAI 3 Thermal Power Plant
We visited the newly opened plant to see how EVN are employing modern firing technology to ensure high demands about readiness, stability, high efficiency, safety, and especially environmental protection requirements, to meet connectivity targets.
Floating Transfer Platform
We also visited the transhipment hub to understand how the shipping industry is overcoming the accessibility and infrastructure problems that have previously made importing coal into Vietnam a challenge.
To stay up to date about this event, please fill in this short form.