The Bristol Bulk Terminal has an annual coal throughput of 6.5 Mt/y. It can accommodate capesize vessels with cargoes up to 110,000 t, with a capability of unloading two ships simultaneously without mixing cargoes, at a peak rate of 4,000 tph. The Terminal is equipped with two Kone supplied continuous ship unloaders, and two grab cranes. The stockpile has a 750,000 t capacity and is equipped with a travelling stacker, a stacker reclaimer and a bucketwheel reclaimer. The stockyard is served by two separate rail load out areas; one is fed by conveyor and loaded via silo; the other is fed by front end loaders.
- Methods of loading / unloading
- Unloading times/ Handling costs
- Stocking with a stacker / reclaimer
- Road and rail loading with rapid-loading bunkers
- Screening / washing / blending
- Port management models