09.00 Welcome and opening remarks
Alex Tyumenin, Managing Director, Coaltrans Conferences
09.10 Chair’s Opening Remarks
Chair: Hans Daniels, CEO, Doyle Trading Consultants
09.20 Has the coal industry finally rebalanced and will these higher prices last?
- Are coal producers now making stable returns instead of huge losses?
- Can we agree we are in a better place than we were a year ago?
- How did the hot summer of 2016 impact business?
- How easy or difficult is it to keep coal businesses viable in this regulatory environment?
Bob Murray, CEO, Murray Energy
09.50 Panel Discussion: How is coal purchasing changing as coal moves from being a baseload to a peaking fuel?
- In hindsight, what’s the fairest price during the down cycle for both buyer and seller? What should be our price floor?
- The effect of renewables and gas prices on business
- How quickly is coal use declining?
- How have they changed business shipments and burn profile?
Todd Adkins, Director - Sales, Bowie Resource Partners
Chad Hewitt, Fuel Services Manager, Alabama Power Company
Chuck West, Manager – Coal Procurement, American Electric Power
Greg Workman, Director – Fuels, Virginia Power Energy Marketing
10.20 Panel Discussion: Should we expect further Met Coal price rallies?
- Which met coal export opportunities have opened up with the level of price improvements we’ve already seen?
- Which markets can we predict to open up if prices continue to rise?
- At what price does US met coal re-enter the export market?
- Demand for US coal from steel makers around the world
- Could we see more coal terminals on the West Coast by 2025?
George Dethlefsen, CEO, Corsa Coal
Jeremy Sussman, Head of US Equity Research, Clarksons Platou Securities
Jose Alfaro, Consultant, Energy & Mining Analyst, Rio Fuerte Ventures
10.50 Morning Networking Break