Over the last 26 years of the Coaltrans – World Coal Conferences new business has been won, existing relationships consolidated and contracts worth billions of dollars have been negotiated and agreed, quite simply – It’s where the coal deals are done!
The must attend event for the world's coal industry. To view the Current Attendee List by Company, click here. The coal industry which, up until recently was dismissed as a residual artefact of a waning industrial age, has today become the darling of consumers and investors alike. In today’s rapidly changing energy markets it is essential that you are up-to-speed with the current market conditions while being aware of the experts' forecasts for the future. The agenda for Coaltrans 2006, supported once again by a first-class speaker faculty, will enable you to stay at the market’s coal face. Below are examples of some of the many topics that will be addressed at Coaltrans 2006:-
- The new and exciting opportunities that lie ahead for the international coal industry and its increased role in today's 'energy insecure world'
- The coal industry's challenge to develop new clean coal technologies that can fuel growth without environmental degradation
- The continuing development of hedging and risk management products and the fact that paper trades are now two and a half times greater than underlying physical trades
- The increased interest from institutional investors, plus the arrival of hedge funds and their role in the coal industry
- The challenges for the coal industry of the EU ETS, while environmental restrictions and the impact of current high prices for C02 certificates pose a threat to the competitiveness of coal within highly regulated markets
- The prospects for the dry freight seaborne sector and the growing influence of freight derivatives
There is no better time to attend the world's largest annual gathering of the international coal industry, hosted in Athens this October.